EU General Data Protection Regulation Compliance
Comply To the EU Data Protection Regulation With Comprehensive Data Protection Solutions
Data Protection is a priority for any organisation handling data, but the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) has introduced a tougher data protection regime and requires ample procedures in place followed by a more comprehensive data security strategy. The National data protection legislation has been strengthened by the EU GDPR and organisations are facing a single regulatory regime system across EU. The regulation has been in force since May 25th, 2018 and failure to comply with this regulation risks organisations facing heavy fines and severe brand reputation damage. Regular reviews of an organisation’s data protection policies and procedures are required to ensure complete compliance with the regulation and to minimise the risk of fines.
What does GDPR mean for organisations?
- Infringements regarding the basic principles for processing, data subject rights, transfers of personal data, or noncompliance with an order by the supervisory authority are subject to administrative fines of up to €20 million, or 4% of worldwide annual turnover— whichever is higher
- Controllers must notify the supervisory authority of a personal data breach without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours, unless the breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals
- Controllers and processors must designate a data protection officer where their core activities consist of the regular and systematic monitoring of personal data or the processing of special categories of personal data on a large scale
- New agreement on: consent, right-to-be-forgotten, right to object and profiling, one-stop-shop and many more.
How Smarttech247 can help you monitor your compliance?
Smarttech is an ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2017 NSAI certified company. We know how important it is for companies to secure their data in the sophisticated threat landscape and we are here to help. We offer the following services:
The GDPR gap analysis service provides an assessment of your organisation’s current level of compliance with the Regulation, and helps identify and prioritise the key work areas that your organisation must address to help you monitor your organisation’s compliance.
- Data discovery and classification
Smarttech provide comprehensive sensitive data discovery solutions. We will expose where sensitive and personal information exists across all of your unstructured data and identify the business owners of that information. We also provide a number of automated actions to control access to the data, or move or delete the information.
- Privacy Impact Assessments
The Smarttech team will conduct a holistic evaluation of your data management within any projects which will involve the processing of personal or sensitive personal data. Our privacy impact assessments are designed to be compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Policy draft and implementation
The first step of building strong GDPR controls is the creation of comprehensive policies and procedures. Policies and Procedures are required for ensuring employees/staff adhere to the requirements within these documents, along with validating to various third party entities (i.e. clients, regulatory bodies). Smarttech can assist you in reviewing or drafting current controls, policies and procedures to ensure a high level of data governance is in place.
How ready are you for the new EU General Data Protection Regulation? Book your FREE 1 hour assessment today! Enter your details below to book.